So excited to share some incredible new ways to use one of my favorite pantry staples: chickpeas, aka garbanzo beans. I’ve always loved cooking with chickpeas because of how versatile and nutrient-dense they are. This roundup is filled with over 30 of the best healthy chickpea recipes that are easy to make and so delicious. Get ready for some new favorite recipes to add to your menu this week.
Disclaimer: I also included two sweet recipes that use chickpea flour, because the more chickpeas the merrier!
Reasons to love cooking with chickpeas
- They’re inexpensive – a can is usually under $2.
- Yes, you can eat chickpeas raw and straight from the can! This makes them easy for throwing into salads and other cold recipes.
- They’re neutral in flavor, which makes them super versatile. Add your favorite sauces and spices to your chickpea recipes and they’ll easily take on the delicious flavors.
- They’re a great plant-based protein source with about 6g of protein and fiber per serving. You can swap chickpeas in for tons of different meat recipes.
- Chickpeas are the perfect way to add texture. Toss them or blend them into curries and soups for a creamy texture without adding cream or milk.
What can you make with chickpeas?
The options are truly endless! In this roundup, you’ll find cold chickpea recipes like salads and wraps, plenty of cozy soups, chilis and curries, plus a few baked goods using a can of chickpeas to satisfy your sweet tooth. I included plenty of vegan chickpea recipes, a few with meat and tons of gluten and grain free options, so there’s something for everyone here.
Should we start eating chickpeas for every meal of the day? Why not!
Quinoa & Pasta Salads
Sandwiches & Wraps
Soups, Stews & Chilis
Comfort Food Mains
Hummus & Snacks
I know you’re going to love these delicious, healthy recipes using chickpeas. If you make any, be sure to head to the recipe to leave a comment & rating so I know how you liked it! It encourages others to try out the recipe, too. Enjoy, xo!