Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 ½ cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Cook and stir the beef in a large wok or skillet until browned – 3 to 4 minutes. Put the beef to one side of the wok and add the broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, green onion, and garlic to the centre of the wok. Stir the vegetables for 2 minutes.
Season beef with soy sauce and sesame seeds and stir into vegetables. Continue to stir and cook until vegetables are tender – about 2 minutes more.
Optional: Embellish this dish with rice wine vinegar, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce or ginger!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 1 portion = 1/4 recipe
Fat 15g, Protein 22g, Carbs 9g, Calories 268 kcal