We’re back with another out-of-this-world delicious mug cake because you guys couldn’t get enough of this vegan banana mug cake! This time we added an amazing fall twist and we’re seriously OBSESSED.
You guessed it, this vegan pumpkin mug cake is your next must make, single serving dessert. It’s filled with wonderful flavors from pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and an incredible salted maple glaze. I’ve included even more options for customizing this pumpkin mug cake so that you can make it gluten free or add fun mix-ins and toppings!
You’re just 10 minutes and a few staple ingredients away from your new favorite fall treat. Let’s get to it!
The wonderful world of mug cakes
If you’ve never had a mug cake before, get ready for the perfect single serve dessert. A mug cake is literally just ingredients for cake mixed into a mug and microwaved. The result is an absolutely wonderful, single-serve cake that tastes like the real deal! This vegan pumpkin mug cake is the perfect fall treat for when those sweet tooth cravings hit. Easy, egg-free and filled with pumpkin flavor.
Ingredients in this vegan pumpkin mug cake
This amazing pumpkin mug cake recipe is filled with fall flavors and uses super simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
Easy ingredient swaps
Out of a few ingredients? Here’s what we can recommend for swapping:
- Make it gluten free: simply use a 1:1 gluten free all purpose flour.
- For the brown sugar: feel free to use coconut sugar instead. If you’d like to keep the recipe refined sugar free, use coconut sugar in the mug cake and my paleo powdered sugar in the frosting.
- For the coconut oil: you can also use melted and cooled vegan butter.
Fun ways to customize
- Chocolate lovers: if you like a pumpkin chocolate combo like I do, feel free to add 1-2 tablespoons of dairy free chocolate chips to the batter.
- Nut butter party: instead of the glaze you could also add a dollop of nut butter on top of the cooled mug cake instead of the glaze. YUM.
How to make this pumpkin mug cake
Because this mug cake comes together right in one mug, you’ll just need 10 minutes to make it! Here’s how:
- Mix the wet ingredients. In a small bowl (not your mug, yet) start by mixing together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla extract with a fork or small whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry. In the same bowl, mix in the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Prep your mug. Spray a microwave safe mug with non-stick cooking spray, then pour the batter in.
- Cook it up. Microwave the pumpkin mug cake on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds until the batter is set. Be careful not to overcook it.
- Cool & make the glaze. Let the mug cake cool, and whisk together the ingredients for the glaze. Add 1 teaspoon of milk if the glaze needs to be thinner.
- Drizzle & enjoy. Finally, drizzle the glaze on the cooled mug cake and dig in!
Tips for making the perfect mug cake
Yes, this pumpkin mug is super simple to make, but don’t forget these tips to ensure a delicious, fluffy mug cake every time:
- Don’t forget the baking soda! No one likes a flat mug cake.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl first before adding them to your mug so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Be sure not to overcook the mug cake or it can get dense. It will be done when the top doesn’t look “wet” anymore.
Can I store the mug cake for later?
This vegan pumpkin mug cake is meant to be enjoyed right away as it is a single serving dessert. Grab a spoon and dig in while it’s warm!
More vegan treats you’ll love
Get all of our delicious vegan dessert recipes here!
I hope you love this vegan pumpkin mug cake! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Incredible vegan pumpkin mug cake made with real pumpkin puree and drizzled with an addicting salted maple glaze. This vegan pumpkin mug cake is easily gluten free and takes just 10 minutes to make for the perfect single serving dessert!
- For the mug cake:
coconut oil, melted and cooled
packed brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
all purpose flour (or sub 1:1 gluten free all purpose flour)
pumpkin pie spice
- For the salted maple glaze topping:
vegan butter, melted
powdered sugar, plus more to thicken if necessary
pure maple syrup
unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work), if necessary to thin glaze
In a small bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla extract with a fork or small whisk until well combined.
Next stir in flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt and mix until just combined.
Spray a microwave safe mug with non-stick cooking spray, then pour the batter into the mug.
Place the mug in the microwave and microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the batter is no longer wet on top. Be careful not to cook for too long, or the cake will get tough.
Remove the mug from the microwave and let cool for a few minutes.
Whisk together all of the glaze ingredients except the milk, only adding it if the glaze is too thick to drizzle.
Drizzle the glaze over the mug cake and dig in!
If you’d like you can add 1-2 tablespoons of vegan/dairy free chocolate chips to the batter before cooking.
This is also delicious with a spoonful of your favorite nut butter on top instead of the glaze.
Servings: 1 serving
Serving size: 1 serving
Saturated fat: 8.4g