Parmesan sweet potatoes are so easy to make, we just can’t get enough!
We love sweet potato recipes and this one tops the list. Tossed with herbs and parmesan cheese, they are oven roasted for a tender inside and a crisp outside
A Sweet Potato Side Dish
While sweet potato casserole is a holiday staple, we love them all year long!
- This easy recipe is a perfect side dish for any meal because this veggie can be found all year long!
- Cut the sweet potatoes ahead of time into cubes or even thick slices, or wedges!
- These are a superfood, loaded with fiber and antioxidants and most importantly, great flavor!
Ingredients and Variations
SWEET POTATOES: Choose sweet potatoes that are firm without blemishes in the skin. In this recipe, I most often peel the sweet potatoes but this is optional.
SEASONINGS: Olive oil, savory thyme, and parmesan cheese showcase the roasted flavor of the sweet potatoes perfectly!
VARIATIONS: Try a butter blend of garlic, rosemary, and sea salt, or any combination of herbs.
How to Make Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Cut sweet potatoes in the desired shape and toss with seasoning ingredients.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet, stirring them halfway through baking.
- Bake per recipe below until sweet potatoes are crispy on the outside.
Serve Roasted Sweet Potatoes With…
This is a last-minute, healthy, hearty side that can be served alone or topped onto a salad, added to a wrap, or mixed into a homemade Vegetarian Chili. Add some Quick Cheese Muffins to the meal along with a Glazed Ham Loaf and a tangy salad like Cucumber Tomato Salad.
Perfect Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Much like roasted potatoes, ensure all pieces are about the same size so they cook at the same rate.
- Toss with the oil and seasonings right on the pan to avoid washing a bowl.
- Many stores sell fresh diced sweet potatoes in the produce section to save time.
Roasted sweet potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They’re great served chilled on a salad (especially a kale salad or Brussels sprout salad). They can also be added to soups or stews.
Did you make these Parmesan Sweet Potatoes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
More Sweet Potato Love
Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Parmesan roasted sweet potatoes are so delish! Sweet potatoes are tossed in oil, garlic, & parmesan, then oven-roasted until crispy on the outside & fluffy on the inside!
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into ½” cubes.
Toss the potatoes with remaining ingredients and spread onto the parchment paper.
Bake 25-30 minutes stirring after 15 minutes. Broil 1 minute if desired.
Sweet potatoes can be cut into wedges or thick coins if you’d prefer, cook time may vary slightly.
Toss with the oil and seasonings right on the pan to avoid washing a bowl. Other vegetables or onions can be added to the pan.
Leftover sweet potatoes are delicious served chilled in salads.
Calories: 235, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 194mg, Potassium: 588mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 24204IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 130mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword how to make Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Parmesan Roasted Potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes recipe
Course Side Dish