● 1 tbsp olive oil
● ½ onion, small diced
● 2 cloves of garlic, minced
● 6-8 frozen turkey meatballs (120 g)
● 170 g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
● 5 basil leaves, chopped
● 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
● 2 tbsp tomato paste
● ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
● 1 ½ cup water
● 60 g whole wheat spaghetti
*for 1 serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions to the pan and saute until it gets translucent. Add the garlic to the pan, and saute for a few seconds, then add the frozen meatballs and saute for about 5 mins.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, fresh thyme and basil, spices, vinegar, salt, and water to the pan and cook them together. Close the lid and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
3. When the sauce is ready, add the spaghetti to the pan. Close the lid and cook for about 10-12 minutes according to package instructions, stirring occasionally.
4. When the pasta is cooked thoroughly, turn off the heat.
5. Serve with fresh basil leaves on top.
Nutrition Facts (for 1 serving)
Calories 582 kCal
Protein 32 g
Fats 20 g
Carbohydrates 68 g