Enjoy the abundance of late summer produce by baking up these incredibly moist zucchini cookies!
Zucchini is great in baking from zucchini bread to brownies and also great for making cookies extra soft and moist! These melt-in-your-mouth, fluffy cookies are topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting.
Extra Soft Zucchini Cookies
- Zucchini makes baking extra moist and soft.
- These are great with or without frosting.
- Add your favorite add-ins from chocolate chips to nuts.
- These can be made ahead of time and freeze well.
What’s in Zucchini Cookies?
DOUGH: The cookie dough for this recipe has sugar, flour, eggs, and butter.
ZUCCHINI: Shredded zucchini gives these cookies an extra soft and moist texture.
FROSTING: Cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cream make the perfect flavor combination for zucchini cookies! Tart and sweet and whipped up fluffy, it turns a regular cookie into a real treat! Mix in a little lemon, coconut, or maple extract for a new twist.
- There are lots of delicious add-ins that make zucchini cookies even more fun to bake and eat! Try mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or toffee pieces!
- Or add in some dried fruits like chopped dates, raisins, mangoes, or cherries.
How to Make Zucchini Cookies
- Cream butter & sugars until fluffy. Add eggs & zucchini, mix thoroughly.
- Whisk dry ingredients together. Combine dry with wet (per the recipe below.)
- Chill dough and then bake until lightly browned on the edges and the tops spring back when touched.
Be sure to cool the cookies completely before frosting. If the cookies are warm, they will melt the frosting. These are frosted with cream cheese frosting but you can use your favorite frostings from chocolate to lemon buttercream.
Tips for Perfect Cookies
- Use room temperature large eggs.
- The zucchini does not need to be peeled.
- Do not squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini.
- It is important that the cookies chill before baking so they don’t spread too much.
- Cookie dough can be prepared and refrigerated for 24 hours before baking.
- Store the cookies in the fridge or at room temperature for 3-4 days.
More Baking with Zucchini
Did you love these Zucchini Cookies? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Soft and moist, zucchini Cookies are the perfect way to enjoy zucchini from the garden.
Cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar with a mixer on medium low speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
Add egg and grated zucchini just until combined.
Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little bit at a time just until combined. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours (or up to 24 hours).
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Use a medium cookie scoop (about 1 ½ tablespoons) placing the dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and the tops spring back when touched.
Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Add cream cheese and salt to a large bowl and mix with a mixer on medium until smooth and fluffy.
Alternate adding powdered sugar and heavy cream a little bit at a time beating after each addition.
Once incorporated, beat on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes until silky smooth. Add more powdered sugar if needed to reach desired consistency.
Spread the frosting over the tops of the cooled cookies.
- Zucchini does not need to be peeled. Use the fine size of a box grater to shred the zucchini.
- You do not need to squeeze the zucchini after grating.
- Do not skip the chilling step or the cookies will spread too much.
- These cookies are soft and cake-like as the zucchini adds moisture.
- We love these with cream cheese frosting but chocolate frosting is great too.
- These will keep for 3 to 4 days in an air-tight container at room temperature. If it is very warm, store them in the fridge.
Serving: 1cookie, Calories: 216, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 33mg, Sodium: 168mg, Potassium: 51mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 25g, Vitamin A: 343IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 24mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best Zucchini Cookies, how to make Zucchini Cookies, Zucchini Cookies, Zucchini Cookies recipe
Course Cookies, Dessert, Snack