Tender & savory steak kabobs are great for a barbecue entrée and a deliciously easy way to prep ahead!
These skewers have a flavorful marinade and grill up tender and juicy on the BBQ! Once cooked we drizzle with our fave garlic butter (optional) before serving! So good!
Grilled Garlic Steak Kabobs
There are so many reasons to love kabobs!
- This recipe is a true main dish, made with simple red onion between lots of juicy bites of steak!
- This dish goes well with grilled vegetables or even potato packets, a whole meal on the BBQ!
- The simple marinade works well on other meats such as shrimp (only marinate a short time), so why not make some surf n’ turf?
The marinade for this dish is both simple and flavorful!
STEAK Use sirloin steak cubes, or for something super special go for ribeye. Kabobs don’t need the most expensive cut of meat, the marinade helps to tenderize it!
MARINADE Butter adds flavor and brows well while olive oil keeps the consistency of the marinade. Lemon juice and tomato paste both tenderize and add amazing flavor.
GARNISH Don’t skip the fresh parsley butter garnish! It really adds extra flavor and color, and there’s nothing like fresh parsley and melted butter drizzled on freshly grilled steak. Yum!
How to Grill Garlic Steak Kabobs
Tender and delish steak kabobs are simple to make with this fail-proof recipe.
- Combine marinade ingredients (per recipe below).
- Prepare steak & marinate for up to two hours.
- Thread meat onto skewers, alternating with chunks of onion.
- Grill, turning occasionally according to recipe instructions.
Once grilled let the steak kabobs rest a few minutes and then drizzle with the remaining butter mixture.
No Grill? No Problem!
This recipe is as easy as anything to bake in the oven, too. Here’s the simple method:
- Prepare the recipe below as directed.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook kebabs for 20-30 minutes, turning once.
- Rest meat for at least 5 minutes to seal in the juices. Drizzle with extra melted butter & parsley before serving.
For medium-rare steak, cook until internal temperature is 135°F, for medium it should be 145°F, and for well-done 150°F.
Tips for the Best Kebabs
- If using wooden skewers, just be sure to soak them in water before using, to prevent the wood from burning. It makes all the difference!
- Take the skewers off of the grill a few degrees before you reach the desired temperature, the temperature will continue to rise as they rest.
- Don’t skip resting the meat before serving.
How to Use Leftovers
If there are any leftovers, they will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
They taste great chopped or sliced into a chef’s salad or steak salad. Or simply warm the skewers up in an air fryer or frying pan. It also tastes great added to Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff or Steak Tacos.
Frozen cooked steak will maintain flavor for 2-3 months in the freezer.
More Ways to Enjoy Steak
Did your family love these Garlic Steak Kabobs? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Garlic Steak Kabobs
These tender & juicy grilled steak kabobs are the perfect summer entree. Or, bake them in the oven to enjoy all year long!
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Trim any large fat cap off of the steaks and cut into 1″ pieces. Season with salt & pepper.
Place olive oil and garlic in the microwave for 20 seconds, add butter and heat for another 20 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in lemon juice.
Place 4 tablespoons of the butter mixture in a small bowl (reserve the rest for serving) and stir in the tomato paste.
Add to the beef and toss quickly. Marinate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. If using wood skewers, soak them in water at least 30 minutes while the beef is marinating.
Preheat the grill to medium high (375°F).
Thread the beef and onion onto skewers and discard the marinade. Grill about 9-12 minutes turning beef occasionally or until beef reaches 125-130°F or to desired doneness.
Rest 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with remaining garlic butter mixture and parsley and serve.
Use any kind of steak you’d like.
- Rare – internal temp at 125° F.
- Medium Rare – internal temp at 135° F.
- Medium – internal temp of 145° F.internal temp of 145° F.
- Medium Well – internal temp of 150° F.
Cook the steak to desired doneness, keep in mind the temperature will continue to rise once the beef is removed from the grill so take it off a few degrees before it reaches the desired temperature.
Calories: 416, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 38g, Fat: 27g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 127mg, Sodium: 767mg, Potassium: 656mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 374IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 63mg, Iron: 3mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword Garlic Steak Kabobs, how to make Steak Kabobs, Steak Kabobs, Steak Kabobs recipe
Course Beef, Dinner, Entree