Start your morning with these fluffy pumpkin pancakes that are gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo with zero refined sugars made with almond flour for an easy delicious fall breakfast!
Mmmm there is just nothing better than delicious fluffy pumpkin pancakes to start off your day and who doesn’t love all those amazing fall flavors?? Pumpkin season is officially here and I am ALL about it. I recently shared my pumpkin spice mug cake with you guys along with my FAVORITE almond flour pumpkin bread, so now I think it’s time for some homemade pancakes!
This recipe was inspired by my favorite blueberry banana pancakes which is just one of those NO FAIL pancake recipes that has always been my go-to. I essentially just substituted the mashed banana with pumpkin puree and added some delicious fall spices for the perfect pumpkin pancake! These gluten-free pancakes are much healthier than typical pancake recipes out there that call for butter and sugar, but I promise you wouldn’t even know it! These pancakes are light, fluffy and absolutely delicious!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Almond flour – this is a tasty gluten-free/low carb flour that has great flavor and healthy fats. I always like to use super fine almond flour from blanched almonds when baking. If you don’t have any almond flour, you could also use coconut flour, tapioca flour, or really any gluten-free flour, but I personally think almond flour has the best texture and taste!
- Baking powder – this helps make the pancakes light and fluffy!
- Eggs – you’ll need 4 eggs in this recipe which help give these pancakes their height
- Almond milk – I used unsweetened almond milk in these, but feel free to use any type of milk you have on hand!
- Pumpkin puree – you can’t have pumpkin pancakes without the pumpkin! Make sure to use canned 100% pumpkin puree (or homemade pumpkin puree) and not pumpkin pie filling
- Maple syrup – this is the perfect natural sweetener in these pancakes and tastes amazing with all the fall flavors!
- Vanilla extract – adds a little more sweetness and extra flavor
- Fall spices – the most delicious combination of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PANCAKES
The great thing about these fluffy pumpkin pancakes is that they are so dang easy to make! Simply mix all of your ingredients together using either a hand mixer or, better yet, just toss everything into a blender! Mix until there are no more clumps and everything is combined. Then using a 1/4 measuring cup (or you could use a spoon or ladle), scoop out the batter and pour it onto a hot skillet sprayed with nonstick oil. Cook pancakes on both sides until golden and fluffy. You should get about 7 to 8 pancakes!
Feel free to top these pancakes with additional maple syrup, butter, chopped pecans, nut butter spread, banana slices, chocolate chips, whipped cream…I mean the possibilities are seriously ENDLESS. I promise you can’t go wrong on how you choose to enjoy your pancakes and they’re perfect for kids too. My one year old daughter loved these!
PANCAKES EVERYONE WILL LOVE
Yes this is really so true! These pumpkin pancakes may be gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and lower in carbs, but they’re also light and fluffy with so much amazing flavor that even those with zero dietary restrictions would find these absolutely delicious! I recently made these for a brunch with my mom and dad and they were such a huge hit. My mom, who might literally be the pickiest person I know, asked me for the recipe and couldn’t stop raving about them!
MAKE THESE KETO (LOW CARB)!
These pumpkin pancakes can also easily be made keto/low carb by simply substituting the maple syrup for any low carb sweetener. My preferred sweetener when baking keto recipes is Swerve sweetener – it honestly just tastes hands down the BEST in my opinion and is made from natural ingredients. If you’re interested in seeing more keto recipes. please comment below and I’d be happy to share more on the blog!
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Hope you all enjoy these delicious Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes and if you love them as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl (using a hand mixer) or in a blender, mix together all ingredients until all clumps are gone.
- Heat a greased skillet over medium heat and spoon about a 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown. Flip over when surface is bubbly and edges are slightly dry.
- Serve immediately with the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 46.4 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.