Easy Maple Cinnamon Granola made with just a few simple ingredients and naturally sweetened for the perfect healthy snack or breakfast topping!
I love making my own homemade granola, especially in the fall with all these delicious warm flavors! This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients you probably already have sitting in your pantry and it really couldn’t be any easier to make. Not only is this granola simple to throw together, but it’s so much healthier for you too! Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and vanilla all tossed with warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. I promise you’ll never want to buy store-bought granola again!
This easy homemade granola is easily customizable too. Add in some crunchy nuts or seeds (I love making this with pecans!), you can choose from a variety of natural sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, or monk fruit syrup, switch it up with different spices, and even throw in additional mix-ins like dried cranberries, coconut flakes or chocolate chips!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Rolled oats – I used whole-grain old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe, just make sure they’re certified gluten-free if making GF granola!
- Maple syrup – naturally sweetens the granola and tastes incredible with all the warm fall spices! You could also use honey or other natural sweetener of choice
- Coconut oil – this helps get the granola nice and crispy while giving it that beautiful golden color. You could also use olive oil if that’s all you have on hand
- Vanilla extract – adds a pop of flavor!
- Warm spices + sea salt – I used a combination of cinnamon and nutmeg, but you could also use some pumpkin pie spice for even more flavor!
How to Make Maple Cinnamon Granola
This EASY maple cinnamon granola is literally as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Mix ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla and spices until everything is all combined. Then spread the granola onto a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper in a nice even layer, making sure
- Bake! Pop the sheet pan of granola in the oven at 300 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring the granola halfway through.
- Enjoy or store for later. I like to let the granola cool completely before diving into it because that’s when it gets perfectly crunchy! If you just can’t wait then I mea go for it because it’s still extremely tasty and I 100% understand the lack of self control. Once cooled, keep in a sealed airtight container (like a mason jar) and enjoy all week!
Uses for Maple Cinnamon Granola
Prepping and Storing Granola
You can easily store this granola in a sealed airtight container (I like using these mason jars with lids!) for up to two weeks in a cool, dry place. Just make sure to let the granola cool completely before transferring to a jar or container. Storing in the fridge will make the granola last longer and keep it extra crunchy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, spices and salt, mixing well.
- Spread granola mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Granola should be a light golden brown!
- Let granola cool completely, until it’s crunchy, and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 47.5 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 3 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.