This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we make a small commission when you place orders using our links.
If you’re looking for a flavorful, nourishing chai latte recipe, you’re in the right place.
In this recipe, I use MUDWTR as the base – a coffee alternative from my 5 coffee alternatives to wake up list.
If you don’t have access to MUD, I recommend finding a trusted masala chai mix.
This is why MUDWTR is my top choice for making a chai latte:
- Mud is jam-packed with adaptogens that can help with mental and physical performance, such as lion’s mane, chaga and reishi mushrooms (you can’t taste them!)
- It’s super easy to brew – just add hot water or milk/nut milk of your choice.
- It has no sugar, added sweetener or added flavors – you can sweeten it to taste with your sweetener of choice.
This one time in India, a saddhu (ascetic) invited me to his home made out of cow dung, and made me a cup of dreamy buffalo milk chai. This recipe brings me straight back!
Ingredients to make 1 serving of chai latte:
- 1 – 1.5 Tablespoon MUDWTR – depending on how strong you like it
- 1/3 cup fresh boiled water
- 1 cup steamed oat milk or another milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped or shaved
- 1-2 teaspoons monkfruit or coconut sugar
- Place 1-1.5 tablespoons MUDWTR and sweetener of your choice (optional) in a cup you’ll be drinking from
- Add 1/3 cup fresh boiled water and mix well until the powder dissolves
- Steam 1 cup milk (I love oat milk), and pour it over your MUDWTR with hot water
- Serve with fresh ginger on top
- Set an intention and enjoy!
The crystal geode mug is from this Etsy shop.
Optionally, you can make it a dirty chai latte by adding a shot of espresso.
You might also like:
Learn about medicinal mushrooms and adaptogens on Funded by Source podcast: