The following is a guest post on nutrition from Maria, our guest health and nutrition writer from the UK. We encourage you to follow her on Twitter at @financeport. Without further adieu:
Proper Healthy Nutrition Food For Your Brain
Eating healthy food is essential for a healthy mind and body. The brain is the most important organ in the body. Just like heart, muscles, and lungs, the brain requires nutrients for its operation. Do you know what qualifies as nutrition for brain? If your answer is no, you must read this article. Here is a list of nutritious food which bootstraps the operation of brain:
- Blueberries: Berries are full of memory boosting nutrients. They are a rich source of fibre. These berries are safe for diabetics who cannot eat sugars. Blue berries are the best brain foods on earth and improve both learning and memory.
- Cherries: Oxidation is one of the processes associated with diseases of aging. Just like oxidation, inflammation has a great impact on diseases of heart to dementia. Cherries are a source of natural anti-inflammatory agents. Cherries contain Cox2 inhibitors just like those that are found in pain killers.
- Whole grains: The ability to focus and examine develops from our supply of energy. We get energy in the form of glucose in blood. Intake of whole grains helps you achieve this by releasing glucose. Rich sources of whole grains are granary bread, cereals, and brown pasta.
- Nuts: Nuts contain a high amount of fibre, proteins and helpful fats. To get instant energy you can eat nuts. They also contain plenty of vitamins. You are not required to eat plain, raw and unsalted nuts. But avoid nuts with sugars and artificial flavours.
- Tea & Coffee: Tea and coffee contain antioxidants. Antioxidants help the brain to boost its operation. However, it is wise to avoid getting addicted to these drinks. Too much intake may produce adverse effects.
- Fish: Fish are a rich source of essential omega-3 fatty acids. The best brain food are the oils from cold water fish like cod and salmon. The essential omega-3 acids help neural growth, which facilitates communication among neurons.
- Black current boosts: Vitamin C is said to have the energy to improve mental health from ages. One of the rich sources of vitamin C is black current.
- Chocolates: Most types of chocolate contain antioxidants and epicatechin, especially dark chocolates. However, avoid eating chocolates with high amount of added sugars.
- Water: Last but not the least, water is extremely important for our body to keep both the body as well as the brain hydrated. Often dehydration causes headaches and other diseases.
Beyond being health conscious, it is important to get protected from unforeseen health issues by insuring yourself. To get protection and access to treatment, consider taking on health insurance. As you are applying for health insurance, it may be appropriate to apply for other insurances like life insurance, payment protection insurances and mortgage loans to get protected from uncertainties.