My SIXTH annual AK Cookie Week is here! I couldn’t be more excited to share these incredible new cookie recipes with you all week long. Be sure to scroll through the whole post for giveaway deets and more.
First up: let me introduce you to these absolutely decadent peanut butter cup s’mores chocolate cookies. If you’ve never put a peanut butter cup in a s’more before, this is your chance to try the magical combo. Sweet and salty peanut butter cups pair with gooey marshmallows all baked into a rich chocolate cookie.
If heaven was a cookie it might just be this unbelievable combo.
Bake them up for your chocolate-loving friends and family members this holiday season and watch them fall in love!
Introducing my FREE Ultimate Guide to Cookie Baking
Ready to learn my secrets to chewy, ooey-gooey, delicious cookies every single time? That’s right, I’m here to help you bake the best cookies of your life. If you’re someone who struggles with baking cookies then my FREE downloadable, printable Ultimate Guide to Cookie Baking is for you!
In this Ultimate Guide to Cookie Baking you’ll learn:
- Everything there is to know about different types of flours and sweeteners
- How to make cookies vegan and gluten free
- How to accurately measure ingredients
- Solutions for common cookie baking issues
And so much more! Download this printable guide here for holiday cookie baking, and remember to come back to it time and time again whenever the cookie cravings hit.
Ingredients in peanut butter cup s’mores chocolate cookies
These fudgy peanut butter cup s’mores cookies are the perfect combo of peanut butter, gooey marshmallow and rich chocolate. The ingredients are super simple and the result is absolutely epic. Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Flour: we’re using good old all purpose flour in this cookie recipe.
- Cocoa powder: the cookies get their rich chocolate flavor from unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Butter: salted butter gives the cookies incredible flavor.
- Sugar: we’re using both white granulated sugar and light brown sugar for sweetness. Learn how to make your own brown sugar here!
- Egg: you’ll just need 1 egg in these s’mores chocolate cookies.
- Baking staples: don’t forget the baking soda, salt and vanilla extract!
- Mix-ins: here’s where things get extra delicious. We’re folding chopped up peanut butter cups and mini marshmallows right into the batter for that incredible peanut butter cup s’mores flavor.
Can I make them vegan or gluten free?
I haven’t tested a vegan or gluten free substitute in these peanut butter s’mores cookies but you could try using a flax egg and vegan butter! Be sure to also find dairy free peanut butter cups or swap for dairy free chocolate chips.
If you’re looking for a gluten free substitute you could try a gluten free all purpose flour, but please note that I haven’t tested it to be sure.
Mix up your mix-ins
These chocolate cookies are made extra special with delicious peanut butter cups and gooey marshmallows baked right in, but they would also be delicious with:
- White or dark chocolate chunks
- Chopped up walnuts
- White chocolate peanut butter cups (my fav!)
How to make these chocolate peanut butter cup s’mores cookies
- Prep your pan. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the dry. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the wet. Cream together the butter and sugars until creamy, then beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Make the dough. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined, then fold in the peanut butter cups and marshmallows. Save some pb cups for topping!
- Scoop, top & bake. Use a medium cookie scoop to grab the dough, roll it into balls and space them out on your cookie sheet. Top each with more chopped peanut butter cups and bake.
- Cool & devour. Let your cookies cool on a wire rack, then serve and enjoy!
The best cookie baking tips
Remember to get all of my best tips & tricks for baking cookies in our downloadable cookie e-book here! As for the basics in these chocolate peanut butter cup s’mores cookies:
- Do not use substitutes. Please be sure to follow the recipe as written unless substitutes are noted in the notes section of the recipe. Changing the flour will greatly affect the taste and texture of these cookies.
- Make sure your ingredients are room temp. You’ll want to be sure that your butter and egg are both at room temp so that they cream together well and create the perfect texture in the cookies.
- Use fresh baking soda. Make sure your baking soda is fresh to ensure that these peanut butter cup s’mores chocolate cookies bake up properly.
- Measure your flour correctly. Do you know the best way to measure flour without a scale? Get my tips & tricks in this video!
Two ways to freeze these cookies
You can either freeze the peanut butter cup s’mores cookie dough or the baked cookies for later! Check out our full post here to learn exactly how to prep, freeze and thaw both ways.
More cookie recipes you’ll love
Get all of our amazing cookie recipes here!
AK Cookie Week giveaway
At the end of #AKCookieWeek we’ll select 2 winners to receive a beautiful Williams Sonoma gold nonstick bakeware set! Here’s how to enter:
- Post a photo of any AK cookie recipe (new or old!) you make in your IG feed or stories with the hashtag #AKCookieWeek, OR in our FB group, Ambitious Kitchen Community
- Please note, your IG profile must be public so that we can see your cookie creations
- The more you share your recipe photos, the greater chance you have to win!
- 1 person from IG & 1 from the FB group will be chosen on Weds. 12/15 and notified via DM on IG and in our FB group. must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident. this giveaway is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram.
I hope you love these peanut butter cup s’mores chocolate cookies! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Chocolate Cookies
When peanut butter cups and s’mores combine, you get decadent peanut butter cup s’mores chocolate cookies with gooey marshmallow and creamy peanut butter in every bite. These cookies are irresistibly fudgy, rich, and the perfect treat that will impress anyone!
- Dry ingredients:
all purpose flour
unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli)
- Wet ingredients:
salted butter, at room temperature
packed light brown sugar
- For the mix-ins:
dark chocolate peanut butter cups (I used 7 packages of Justin’s), roughly chopped and divided (about 2 cups chopped peanut butter cups)
heaping cup mini marshmallows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Next add in the egg and vanilla extract; beat again on medium speed until well combined smooth and creamy; about 1 minute longer.
Add in dry ingredients and mix on low until just combined and the dough forms. Next use a wooden spoon to fold in the mini marshmallows and 1 ½ cups of chopped peanut butter cups (reserving ½ cup for topping).
Use a medium cookie scoop to grab about 2 tablespoons of dough, then roll dough balls and place on a cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches apart from one another. Top each dough ball with 1-2 of the chopped peanut butter cup pieces; this will help to create a pretty effect so you can see the peanut butter cups and so they get nice and melty on top!
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to set and crackle. Remove and allow cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Learn exactly how to freeze this peanut butter cup s’mores cookie dough and baked cookies with our tutorial here!
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats