There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Goood Friends, a Midwest-themed, sandwich-centric concept from the Wario’s team debuts today at 4 p.m. at Jackie O’s on Fourth. The eatery features a mix of sandwiches, sides, and desserts, which you can order from their patio window or via QR code at the brewery. Check out their menu here: The Wario’s Team Opens Goood Friends This Week and Oh Man, It’s Goood.
- Third Way Café in the Hilltop has been closed the past couple days as they complete the move to a new stand-alone building across the street. They’ll reopen in their new digs starting at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 26. Their new address is 3059 W. Broad St.
- A new gluten-free biscuit shop called Biscuits by Daddy O’s opened this week at 821 E. Long St. They’re open serving breakfast and lunch from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. They’re planning a full grand opening on Saturday, Sept. 2.
- Cleveland’s Cocky’s Bagels just opened their first Columbus location this week at 1484 N. High St. near campus. Their menu is built around bagels, bagel sandwiches, and sides. Cocky’s started with two locations and a food truck in Cleveland.
- Speaking of new campus-area eateries, Denver-based burger chain Smashburger opens its second central Ohio location today, Aug. 25, at 1840 N. High St. This joins a location in Westerville. As part of the grand opening, OSU running back Treveyon Henderson will be on hand signing autographs on Saturday, Aug. 26 at 4 p.m., while the restaurant offers special deals Friday and Saturday.
- Following the closure of The Butcher & Grocer’s stall last week, the East Market announced that a new fresh food stall and convenience stand called The Trolley Market will be replacing it soon.
- Next week Tuesday, Aug. 29, Caribou Coffee returns to central Ohio after an absence of more than 10 years. The upcoming drive-through/walk-up store will open at 5:30 a.m. at 7010 E. Main St. in Reynoldsburg. Over opening weekend (Sept. 2-3) they’ll donate $1 of each sale to Feed the Kids Columbus. The week after they open they’ll also do a giveaway in which one winner gets free coffee for a year. (Another location is coming soon to 1672 W. Lane Ave. in Upper Arlington.)
- A new juice and coffee shop called Koko Juice & Coffee Paradise is coming to 694 Parsons Ave. sometime this summer. (Columbus Underground has more on the development.)
- 614 Now reported that Cincinnati’s Zundo Ramen, a shop in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, is planning a Columbus location at 2500 N. High St. north of campus. Get a look at Zundo during our trip last year: A Little Star Wars in Cincinnati.
- Rose Dough Donuts hosts its next Donut Yoga fundraiser at the Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resources Center this Saturday, Aug. 26 from 9-10:30 a.m. The event features yoga, exclusive donut flavors, Crimson Cup coffee, and more. Register here!
This week I’m also writing:
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.