FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe is a delicious veggie-packed side for any Mexican dish, and the perfect base for keto burrito bowls! It also happens to be the first sneak peek I’m sharing into my new Easy Keto Carboholics’ Cookbook — this cilantro cauliflower rice recipe is straight from the book.
Not a cilantro lover? You can make cheesy cauliflower rice or cauliflower fried rice instead, or check out my full guide to cauliflower rice for the best ways to cook plain cauliflower rice. It’s one of the most versatile ingredients out there! Not only is it nutritious, but you can use it for a variety of flavors, meals, and even turn it into cauliflower pizza crust.
Why You’ll Love This Cilantro Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Bright Mexican flavor
- Perfectly tender texture
- Just 5 simple ingredients
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Naturally low carb, gluten free, paleo, and keto friendly
- Healthy vegetable side dish
Cilantro Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for cilantro lime cauliflower rice, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Olive oil – Or any cooking oil of your choice, such as avocado oil. I prefer to avoid seed oils, such as canola, corn or soybean oil.
- Garlic – Use fresh minced garlic cloves or jarred minced garlic.
- Cauliflower Rice – You can rice your own cauliflower rice (simply pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor or grate with a box grater until it reaches rice size) or buy pre-made cauli rice, either fresh or frozen. This recipe calls for 4 cups of cauliflower rice, which is equivalent to about one head of cauliflower.
- Lime – Use a whole lime, as we’re using both the zest and the juice. If you don’t have limes around but do have lemons, they can work, though the flavor is different.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro – A must for cilantro lime cauliflower rice! But if you’re one of those people that thinks cilantro tastes soapy, feel free to swap in other fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives.
VARIATIONS: Add onions or spices. To add onion, dice it and saute before adding the garlic. Great spice pairings include cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, cumin, or chili powder.
How To Make Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
This section shows how to make keto cilantro lime rice with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Sauté garlic. Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet (or a saute pan), and saute garlic until fragrant.
- Sauté cauliflower rice. Add cauliflower rice, lime zest, lime juice, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir fry until soft.
- Finish. Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I use fresh or frozen cauliflower?
It’s up to you! You can make your own cauliflower rice (instructions can be found in my full guide to cauliflower rice) or use a prepared fresh or frozen cauliflower rice.
Is cilantro lime cauliflower rice keto?
Yes, cilantro lime cauliflower rice is naturally keto, low carb, paleo, whole30, gluten-free, vegan, and HEALTHY! The full nutrition stats can be found below, but each serving has just 4.6 grams net carbs.
Why is my cauliflower rice soggy?
Cauliflower rice may be soggy for a few reasons:
- Cooking too long. This is the #1 reason for soggy cauliflower rice. Overcooking will make it soggy and mushy.
- Too low heat. Cauliflower rice is best cooked over medium heat, or even medium-high heat if you like a little browning. If the heat is too low, it will get too soft and the extra moisture won’t evaporate.
- Covering. Don’t use a lid when cooking cauliflower rice. This will cause it to steam and become watery.
- Store: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Meal prep: Make cauliflower rice 3-5 days in advance and portion out into meal prep containers with your favorite protein.
- Reheat: Cook in a hot skillet or in the microwave.
- Freeze: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 3-6 months.
What To Serve With Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
More Healthy Cauliflower Recipes
If you like this cauliflower lime and cilantro rice, you might also like some of these other healthy cauliflower recipes:
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe
This healthy cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe is made with just 5 simple ingredients, in 10 minutes! Serve it with any Mexican dish for a low carb side.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add the cauliflower rice, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes, until cauliflower rice is soft.
Remove from heat. Stir in the fresh cilantro.
Serving size: 1 cup
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 7.2g
Net Carbs 4.6g
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂