Black Bean Soup is another frugalicious (frugal + delicious) and fast recipe from The Budget Diet girl!
It’s a frugal recipe because it’s a vegetarian black bean soup recipe!
It’s a frugal recipe because you’ll spend less than $1 per serving!
It’s a frugal recipe because it’s made with pantry staples, so it’s perfect on a cold day when you want to stay inside your cozy home instead of venturing out into the cold!
It’s a fast and easy recipe because it uses just 3 ingredients!
It’s delicious on a cold winter day, and it’s good for you too!
It’s FAST…in less than 10 minutes you’ll have a delicious dinner on the table that tastes like you cooked it all day! Shhh…don’t tell anyone!
Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite kind!)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, cilantro, diced tomatoes, grated Mexican-blend cheese.
- Combine black beans, vegetable broth and salsa in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree about 2/3 of the soup. It’s nice to have a few whole beans!
- Serve with optional toppings if desired and complete the meal with fresh tortillas or tortilla chips.
- Yield: 4 main dish servings or 8 small servings
You’ll have no more excuses for eating out when you have a frugalicious and fast recipe like 3 ingredient Black Bean Soup!
Remember: Eat in, not out with frugalicious and fast recipes from The Budget Diet.